Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mary's Place


Things are going well in Minnesota. I have been putting job applications in everywhere. The economy is tough even for a fella with a MBA. I have a couple of leads: one at North Central University and the other at Minnesota Teen Challenge. While I am waiting on those to come through, I will have to find something to bring in revenue. I am staying with my great friend, Pastor Marty Bownik, Senior Pastor of the Edge Christian Fellowship in Rodgers MN-- http://www.edgecf.org/ I am on a Sabbatical from Ministry until January—that means I am on a break. I will start ministering again early sometime in January. It is interesting how many people remember me playing football for the Vikings. It’s been 11 years since I last played. I was asked at the gym to do a radio promo and an autograph session for a discount for a gym membership. It’s all good because it’s the first time in a while I have been able to associate with nonbelievers. If I am successful at getting them to come to church, I am going to try and hit every Anytime Fitness in the area and get people more people to come. I miss Dawniqua and I miss my kids. I will be seeing them this weekend, thank God. This morning, I was able to serve the homeless and transition shelter called Mary’s Place, which is located in Downtown Minneapolis right behind Target Field-- http://www.sharingandcaringhands.org/MarysPlace.htm. This ministry is amazing they serve three meals a day feeding 1,000 people daily. They also give out food clothes, and they also serve as a transitional home for single mothers. The place is awesome. What stood out the most was 94% of the donations they receive goes directly to helping people. WoW! Dawniqua and I have been discussing a similar ministry, but it will be specifically for women and children enslaved to sex trafficking. This will be a ministry “Endurance Church” will provide in addition to the normal kingdom expansion business. It is time to get busy. What is interesting is Minneapolis has the best social services programs in the country. And, during the recession people are moving in from all over the country because of them. However, they are afraid. Why? Because if we begin cutting back, as a country, social service programs may be the first to go, and these homeless people are thinking, “who will help us?” Help us Lord!
I am living life. I am a believer and I am stepping out in faith. I pray that God allows me to minister to the people of Minneapolis for years to come. Oh, Dawniqua met a lady at Regent who is from Minneapolis. She is in the divinity program. She is about to get married to Ron Henderson they call him Mr. Fitness. It is interesting how God is bringing all of these Athletes together…I wonder what He is up to…?

2 comments:

*Sunshine* said...

Did you lot just get that ridiculously LONG comment I just left for you?

Unknown said...

No, I did not get it!