Friday, October 7, 2011

How he saved me!

I was raised in the church. However at age 17 when I developed into an elite athlete my popularity led me away from what I knew to be true. The more popular I became the more distance grew between God and me. I eventually received a full scholarship to Bethune-Cookman College after Notre Dame denied me one. It was probably pride, but I refused to accept a scholarship from all the other FBS schools that offered me a one. Anyway, at Bethune I completely fell into a sinful lifestyle. However, during my dark days God sent a man named Brian Faircloth to try and bring me back to his love. Every time I would leave my dorm up to no good I would see Brain there telling me that, “God had a plan for my life.” I did not want to hear it. I wanted to sin; I felt that I needed the pleasure to alleviate the pain. However, God’s love is relentless. Brain would not leave me alone. It got so bad that when I was on one side of the campus Brain would see me and call out my name and all my friends would laugh and joke me. One day I had had enough. Brain came up to me again trying to win me back to God, and I cursed him out. Brain got the message and left me alone for about two weeks. One day as I was in my dorm playing video games he called me and told me that something was about to happen to me so he called to pray for me. During his prayer he began to speak in tongues. It was the second time I had heard them. And, for the first time in my life I heard God speak to me. He said, “Listen to him he is praying for you.” That night I went to a club. At the club a brutal fight broke out during the fight eight players were stabbed. One of them was stabbed to death. His name was Eric Samford. Ironically he went home a week before this event to see his mom and his daughter. While he was home his mom asked him why he had come home. And, he responded to his mom, “I don’t know? I just wanted to see you.” Sadly, Eric and all my teammates were injured because they followed me into the fray. I was a leader of the team. And, they were just following their leader into battle. As a result, one of them died and two others would never play football again. The interesting thing was that I was the one who was supposed to die. The killer was coming after me. I was fighting his friend. As we were fighting at the front of the club I heard gun shots screaming. My friend grabbed me at pushed me outside. As I looked around at the chaos I saw blood everywhere. But, the killer never made it to me. God spared my life. And, I believe it was Brain’s faithfulness and humility that God used to spared my life. That night I feel to my knees after hearing about Eric death and said to God, “Lord whatever you want from me, I will do.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have mercy! I had never heard about that but I use to live in the lab and library though. You are right, Yah did spare your life. He even sent a messenger to you numerous times. I'm so glad you repented. We are all responsible for our own walks. We have free will. Those young men and yourself were under the the influence of ha shatan. It was not just you. Moses killed a man and Yah still used him to do great things. He is going to use you to do great things in His name!

Once when I was in the stands at a game, you were standing directly in front of me. My friend Simeca told me not to get involved with you. I wondered if love was on my face...there was something in her voice, that had to be from Him. So, I never did contact you in any way until it was time, His time. How else could she know, I never told her my feelings. The same way I knew an RA that loved someone and His Spirit told me and I told her and she freaked out because I knew. Looking back, Yah did the same thing with me.

Thank you for sharing your testimony. I have a testimony I want to share with you but not today. Looking back I think ha shatan inspired my tongue, when I said it.

Anonymous said...

You know what else I was thinking about. The Israelites say ha shatan goes after the righteous more than any one else. So they say we have to be more careful of his deceptions. I thought about that because you said you were raised in church.

I can't imagine you cussing, today. I love you may Yah guard and keep you. May Yah guard and keep your children. In the name of Yahoshua. Amein.

Anonymous said...

When I was typing just a few moments ago, I realized you are not like Moses but you are like David.

I'm about to go to Shabbat class, later baby.

Anonymous said...

Shabbat class is over. A brother got on the mic and was talking about his children. He reminded me of you with concern for his children. I will try to post the notes tomorrow. I'm going to take an hour break then come back and finish deception part 2. Hopefully I will finish tonight. I don't have very many more pages left. Later baby.