Saturday, October 1, 2011

A broken vessel. Personal prophecy being fulfilled.


David was caught in a very uncomfortable position; however, he seemed to grasp a deep understanding of the unfolding drama in which he had been caught. He seemed to understand something that few of even the wisest men of his day understood. Something that in our day, when men are wiser still, even fewer understand.

And what was that?

God did not have--but wanted very much to have--men and women who would live in pain.

God wanted a broken vessel.


--Gene Edwards

A Tale of Three Kings

I got this personal prophecy on April 17 of 2010
Well I just had a Word from the Lord for you which I recieved when we sat in the same area during the worship. The Lord impressed upon me to share with you that the feeling of uneasiness and unrest that you have been feeling in your Spirit about the future of your life and ministry is from him. God is getting ready to uproot and re-position you but you will face great opposition even from those close to you. Trust your heart, act bold and launch out into the deep as you are entering a new season in your life and ministry. God has given you the Green light.

Since this Prophecy my wife left our marriage, my responsibilities at my place of employment were systematically taken from me, the individual who set up my non-profit stole my money for the non-profit, I could not get full custody of my kids, and I was called by God to plant a Church in Minneapolis, MN.

So here we go. I have answered the call of God once again. (Insert the serenity prayer here) I am leaving family, friends, to do what God created me to do. Even though my life has been radically changed in the last two years; God has not changed His mind regarding what he called me to accomplish. I am leaving Virginia with no Job, no car, no home, no marriage, without my children. The only thing I am leaving with is a Word from God. I realize that people will be upset for me communicating this, some will even say what I am doing is not biblical, but I believe that what I am going through is for God's glory and not my own. This is harddddd!!!!!! Man I miss my kids--terribly. I am struggling right now. I will be on the road tomorrow in a 20 foot U-Haul truck headed to Minneapolis. This is the most difficult thing that I have done in my entire life. I genuinely believe I am following God.

It seems that some churches are a plastic representation of what is depicted in the Bible. I know every church is not like that, but some are. I believe the things that God asks us to do requires love, authenticity, and sacrifice. I have not been perfect in these 36 years--far from it. Honestly, I will be going through counseling when I get up to Minnesota. I don't want to start this church off wrong. I need God's help to do this. If I do not continue to grow in my faith, this entire endeavor will fail. I need to walk in holiness, righteousness and peace. And, I need God's help to do so. The pain is real, but so is the power of God. Please keep me in your prayers. Please pray for my kids too...I would like to get full custody of them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

:'(

The guy that started Israelite Heritage said that, around 2008 or 2009 or maybe even earlier, before I was in the assembly, He was talking to us one Shabbat saying that many members had left his ministry because he showed them in the Scriptures that the feasts were always kept in Jerusalem. There was a big upset about it. Not only did many members leave, he said his long time girlfriend left him. I think he said back then he only had about 30 to 50 members. He was saying now look, I have over 200 people signed onto the paltalk room and many signed on members have people in the homes listening, so really there were more than 200 people listening. After he lost his girlfriend, he met someone else and they are married now. But from his voice that time in his life was very difficult. I do believe Yah is working in you much the same way. You will have a ministry. I will keep you and your children in my prayers. Make sure you keep praying diligently to the Father in the name of Yahoshua. Please stay in touch with me, I love you.

Anonymous said...

You are probably on the road now baby, be careful. Yah will be with you. AshantiYah

Anonymous said...

I love the new layout! Your little girl looks just like you! I'll be back later to check it out more.

Anonymous said...

Your children's pics are very cute. I loved the lesson! You are funny also.

Anonymous said...

I just finished the Shabbat notes. I liked how they were calling Yahoshua being a revolutionary. They also talked about the Hebrew language. Later

Anonymous said...

You must be staying with friends in MN?

Unknown said...

Yes, I am staying with my friend Pastor Martin Bownik who is the lead Pastor at the Edge Christian Fellowship in Maple Grove, Mn.

Anonymous said...

Hey Anthony, you are in my families prayers. In 1998 I to left everything I ever knew, family church family both told me I was totally out of the will of God for my life. To be honest I wasn't sure. I believe God gave me the choice and I chose to leave. One thing I knew and held on to was to always praise and gave God the glory in everything, He had me in the palm of His hands. I came to VA with a car, garbage bags full of stuff, and a broken heart. I went through a lot the first couple of years, but I knew God was with me. I'm married now with kids and going after my dreams. Hold on He knows the plans He has for YOU. It just might be the way or road you thought.
Be encourage.