Saturday, June 25, 2011

Missions trip day of rest


I hope that you have been able to keep up with the missions trip on fb...when I get back to the states I am going to up load all of the videos and pictures taken on the trip to the blog. Nevertheless, I have a couple of thoughts about the trip. The first thought is mission trips are always life changing: I have not gone on a trip yet where the experience itself has not been rewarding. I am fully aware that the primary point of the trip for the missionary is not to seek to be changed but to serve, yet, change is a residual effect of the trip itself. Second, acknowledging the amazing bond that develops between the people on the trip itself. It almost reminds me of playing football: the camaraderie, the games, and the relationships. To me mission trips have the same vibe. There is a lot interaction with the people you go on the trip with, but there are also battles to overcome in the process. Third, you have to be mature to be on a missions trip. I would not recommend you attempt a missions trip unless you can get some type of affirmation from your leader about your level of maturity. An immature believer can be used of the enemy to cause a boat load of havoc on a trip if he or she does not posses some level of maturity. Remember the individuals receiving the missionaries are expecting the best. Lastly, minister with all that you have...preach, teach, pray, prophecy, do what it is God is asking of you. As long as you stay in order...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HalleluYah, can't wait to see those pics! Shon

Inspector Clouseau said...

Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

FndWzdm said...

PTL Professor! \0/. Go therefore and preach to Gospel to all the nations...thanks for being the example.

fndwzdm

Claire said...

You have a nice blog. Try to visit my blog too www.claire-fernandez.blogspot.com... Thanks