Monday, June 27, 2011

Heading Home from the Dominican Republic


I had an amazing time ministering in the Dominican Republic. There is a lot to be done here; as is the case throughout the world. But, the Dominican Republic has the fourth highest rate in the world for human trafficking. God is beginning to give me a burden to help fight against the modern day slavery. I pray that I can help stop this horrifying practice. And, maybe in the Dominican Republic I can do that. I just need the wisdom to know how to fight. I am glad I know there are genuine believers that I have a connection with. I am happy that people gave their heart to Christ because of our ministering, furthermore, I am glad that we were able to both bless and encourage the saints of the DR. What next? Home and then wait for my next assignment. But, until then I will keep on with my studies, being the best single dad I can be, ministering, and growing in Christ.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not know human trafficking was a big problem there. I will keep them and you in my prayers. Shon

Anonymous said...

Ashton brought out the sword in that post against human trafficking!I didn't know snoop dog was involved in that, ewww!I hope he will repent or repented, he has children too.

Shon

Anonymous said...

I read the post on integrity. That is true we must have integrity. But at the same time we are working on perfection (being like Yah and Yahoshua) or getting our white wedding garments. Just this evening, part of the lesson was about how in the pseudepigrapha pg 899 ch.8-12, Abraham did not have mercy on the sinners. In chapter 12 Yah said, My heart is moved for sinners so that they may convert and live and repent of their sins and be saved. He will not accept willfully sinning over and over again though. Hebrews 10:26-28

Shon