Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Just shall live by faith!

I always wonder why God loves and values our faith in Him. I mean think about it? Why does he not focus on our love for him or our sacrifice for him more than he does our faith in Him. Theologically I understand the principle...our faith in Him makes us righteous in his own eyes. But, is there anything more to it. I am still questioning and still asking my self that very question. Nevertheless, each step of my life has led me to depend on him more. I was recently accepted into the PHD program at Regent University. I am sure this will be the hardest thing I have had to do outside of making the 53 man roster for the Minnesota Vikings. But, just like that experience I know I am doing what God has asked me to do. I have not found a safety net on this walk yet. And, I am doing all I can to walk this fine line in a way that mirrors rationality and fidelity to what I know is true. I believe that God is leading me, and through his grace I will have the strength to endure. But, the major diffrence this time around is that I am not single; I have a family. You see, I have learned to have faith in God for my own walk, but now I have to have faith in God for somebody else's walk too. Wow, I guess this is the life of a leader--I guess this is the life of a man who without any safety net has to walk the tight rope of life by one major principle...The just shall live by [their] faith [in God]

No comments: