Wednesday, December 9, 2009

CARPE DIEM



You know if I died right now, I would be satisfied with my life. I have done so much and seen even more. I am so thankful for the life the Lord has blessed me with. I can not do enough to show my appreciation for what God has done for me and through me. I never thought I would be where I am today. Yes, I do have regrets, but overall I know I have accomplished much. But, the beautiful thing about my life is this. It not over. I still have goals and dreams. I believe the attributes that have enabled me to live this life to the fullest are faith, perception, and discipline. This is not a formula for success. I am simply describing what qualities I believe have helped me live a full life up to this point. Faith was key because the alternate fear would have stopped me from taking any risks--and receiving life's real rewards. Perception has been invaluable because without it I would have missed how to take advantage of all the opportunities the Lord presented me with. And, finally, discipline was essential because without it I could have never mastered myself in order to push off gratification and embrace long term satisfaction. I don't know if I will be remembered 100 years from now. But, I can truly say everyman dies, but I have truly lived. With Christ help - Seize the day!