Saturday, May 14, 2011

Last day of my first week of Residency: now the fun begins...

I am sitting here at the end of my first week of residency feeling overwhelmed. As trepidation runs through me; I am constantly fighting not to capitulate to the notion that I will fail. It seems to me the challenge of fulfilling our calling is realizing that doing so will take all the strength we have to bow our will to God and to allow Him to accomplish His plans through us. It is so interesting how my life has gone. It is as though I was always hurt, weak, overwhelmed or almost hopeless right before I was tested and elevated. I can honestly say I have never preformed flawlessly through any test I have went through, but the Lord has delivered me through them all. For me to obtain a PHD would be a monumental act by the sovereign hand of God. I realize that everything good that I have done was because God decided to work through me. I can not take any credit whatsoever for what I have done in this body. Thank you Lord for using a broken vessel like me!

4 comments:

Martin said...

There is a sermon in there somewhere. God calls us to be faithful not flawless. Hmmmm Good stuff Anthony

Anonymous said...

Blessed is the man who trusts in Yah, and whose hope is in Yah. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes. But its leaf will be green and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit. Jeremiah 17:7-8 ~Yah called Abraham friend, make sure you go and talk to Him, in the name of Yahoshua. ~Shon

AS said...

Hello! I stumbled upon your blog and have enjoyed reading a few of your recent posts.

I once heard it said that the teacher is always quiet during the test, not to discourage or demote you, but in order to promote you to the next thing. It's often is the same for our walk with the Lord. At the most inconvenient times, He seems quiet. But, it's with the intention of teaching, growing, promoting us to the next thing He has in store for us. It very much sounds like you have been there... and will be there as the Lord continues to shape and leading you.

Blessings in your walk with Him!

Karen said...

This was the will of God to click on your blog. I was feeling defeated in my studies and with my professor, but I've been fighting those negative feelings with prayer. I know that God is guiding me through it all because reading your blog just touched me so! I know it was the Holy Spirit that lead me to your tweet and your blog. I know I can do this and I will complete my course in the New Testament. I'm studying at Regent and this professor is really challenging me! He sees something in me, now I'm going to see it in myself! Thanks for sharing brother Anthony.

Karen