Monday, November 16, 2009

Its about the heart!



How do you respond when you are hurt? Do you put up a guard to protect yourself from being hurt again. Imagine if God did that...we would all be in trouble...the irony of being God must be that "he is love" yet the very people whom he loves constantly hurt him. I can not imagine how much pain we put him through...may people don't think about hurting his feelings. But, God hurts, cries, and has emotions. It probably make us feel better not to think that way... its easier on us to make him an emotionless robot...I am sure it makes us feel better about our own actions. But, we are created in his image and likeness...the scriptures are full of instances when God is pouring out his heart to no avail.
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. Matthew 23:37
I hate that I hurt God...often I am so self-absorbed that I don't think about him...only my feelings... I am so thankful for his grace...not only that he keeps making himself vulnerable to me--even though I hurt him--he gives me the opportunity and strength to show others his great love for me. How? By strengthening me to give His loving-kindness unconditionally to those who hurt me! What a God!

No comments: