Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Way of Love

1 Corinthians 13



1 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. 2If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. 3-7If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
8-10Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

11When I was an infant at my mother's breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good.

12We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

13But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.

The point...you can be God himself but without love you would have nothing. Not my words they are His. vs 1 - 7

For the believer we need to focus on growing in our love because it is the one quality we will utilize for all eternity. 8 - 13

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to email you in a day or two. I have 2 bible classes today until sunset.

Unknown said...

I think I received your email...today...

Anonymous said...

She speaks:

...You led me to your banquet room
and showered me with love.
Refresh and strengthen me
with raisins and apples
I am hungry for love!...

Songs of Solomon 2:4-5

Shonta

Anonymous said...

Guess what Emanuel? lol

Emanuel/Emmanuel/Immanuel is a English translation of the Hebrew name EmmanuYah (Em-man-u-Yah). Your middle name is Hebrew! It means Yah-with-us.

I was listening to a teacher explain Yahoshua's genealogy. He came to Isaiah 7:14... call His name Immanuel. The teacher said this name would have been EmmanuYah. And, I also remember him saying that Hebrew names did not begin with the letter "I" like Isaiah. Isaiah would have been YisiYah.

During the same lesson the teacher was reading at Isaiah 11 around verse 2 (NkJV) when my eyes strayed over to Isaiah 12:2. And, there His name was again! ...For Yah...is my strength and song: He also has become my salvation. I remember another teacher saying that when Yah is trying to show or tell you something it will usually happen more than once. HalleluYah

Shonta

Anonymous said...

psalm 18:32-36
...You give me strength
and guide me right
You make my feet run as fast
as those of a deer
and you help me stand on the mountains
you teach my hands to fight
and my arms to use a bow of bronze
you alone are my shield.
Your right hand supports me,
you have made me famous
you clear the way for me
and now I won't stumble

psalm 68:35
O Yah, You are more awesome than Your set-apart places. The Most High of Israel is He who gives strength and power to His people.

Isaiah 41:10
...Don't be afraid, I am with you
Don't tremble with fear
I will make you strong
as I protect you with my arm
and give you victories...

Jeremiah 29:11

...I will bless you with a future filled with hope, a future of success...

Shonta

Anonymous said...

I love and trust Yah, Yahoshua and You. Shonta

Anonymous said...

Trust and Love:

Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. Luke 16:10 NIV

Few things can help an individual more than to place responsibility on him and to let him know you trust him. Booker T. Washington

The best proof of love is trust. Dr. Joyce Brothers

It is difficult to know at what moment love begins;it is less difficult to know that it has begun. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place. Zora Neale Hurston

Shonta